Get ready to step into cozy season with style! Here we’ve curated a list of our favorite brands and vegan boots that will keep your feet warm throughout the colder months. Whether you’re strolling through the autumn foliage or braving the chilly winter streets, there’s a style to suit every taste and occasion! Incorporating sustainable and animal-friendly materials, these vegan boots offer all the comfort and durability you need for the colder months. With current designs and quality craftsmanship, each pair of vegan boots is a testament to the growing popularity of vegan fashion. Step out in confidence and warmth with these 30 vegan boots that are as fashionable as they are compassionate.
Our Top Picks | Women’s Vegan Boots
Alohas* | Trending vegan knee-high, ankle and combat boots with eco-conscious flair, made with vegan leather including apple and corn (*vegan options*) | Shop on Alohas.io
Cult of Coquette | Vegan leather and denim thigh-high boots that exude a unique blend of edginess and elegance | Shop on CultOfCoquette.com
Bhava | Wide range of premium vegan ankle, combat and platform boots that are epitomize sustainable fashion | Shop on BhavaStudio.com
Veerah | Luxury vegan leather ankle boots with algae-based insoles | Shop on Veerah.com
Stella McCartney | Designer ankle, thigh-high, platform and combat boots made from high quality vegan leather | Shop on Bloomingdales.com | Shop on NeimanMarcus.com
Good Guys Don’t Wear Leather | Vegan ankle, western, motorcycle and clog boots made sustainable materials | Shop on GoodGuysDontWearLeather.com
Noize | Vegan lifestyle brand with ankle, winter and rain boots | Shop on Noize.com
Matt & Nat | Wide range of vegan boots including ankle, knee-high, Chelsea and combat boots | Shop on MattAndNat.com
Piferi | Designer ankle boots made with exceptional craftsmanship | Shop onNeimanMarcus.com
VIVAIA* | Stylish boots knit from tread made from recycled plastic bottles (*vegan options*) | Shop on VIVAIA.com
Steve Madden* | Trending boots for all occasions at affordable prices (*vegan options*) | Shop on SteveMadden.com
Dolce Vita* | Design driven shoes for all occasions (*vegan options*) | Shop on DolceVita.com
Dr Martens* | Iconic combat boots (*vegan options*) | Shop on Amazon.com
*these brands have vegan options but also offer shoes made from leather, suede and wool. When shopping, always double check you’re selecting the vegan option.
- Our Top Picks | Women's Vegan Boots
- Women's Vegan Boots For Fall & Winter
- Why Vegan Boots
- Benefits Of Vegan Boots
- Types of vegan materials used in boots
- Styling vegan boots for fall and winter
- Vegan boot care and maintenance tips
- Where to buy vegan boots
- Vegan boots for different budgets
- Conclusion: Embracing cruelty-free fashion with vegan boots
Please note: We try our hardest to fully vet the products we recommend to ensure they are vegan. If a brand or product we have recommended is no longer vegan (or cruelty free), please let us know immediately and we will remove the item from our website.
Women’s Vegan Boots For Fall & Winter
Vegan Knee-High Boots
Knee-high boots have become a fashion staple in recent years, and brands like Alohas, Bhava, and Matt & Nat have certainly left their mark on the trend. Alohas offers a sustainable twist to this classic footwear, with their eco-friendly materials and stylish designs. We’re obsessed with their ‘Chalk’ Knee-high boots in embossed croc or their wide variety of colors! On the other hand, Bhava combines cruelty-free practices with a commitment to ethical fashion, resulting in the ‘Ziggy’ knee-high boots that not only looks good but also feels good to wear. Matt & Nat, known for their vegan leather shoes, elevates knee-high boots with their classic ‘Aley’ design. We also love to vegan boots Dolce Vita and Steve Madden have available. Theres so many to choose from!
Vegan Ankle Boots
Ankle boots have secured their place as versatile and stylish footwear, and a few of our favorite brands have contributed to their popularity. Matt & Nat, a leader in vegan fashion, offers ankle boots that are both eco-conscious and chic. Alohas, known for their sustainable approach, adds a touch of European flair to ankle boot designs. Similarly VIVAIA has an eco-friendly approach to their shoes using threads made from recylced plastic bottles. For those seeking the ultimate luxury, Veerah and Piferi offer ankle boots that epitomize sophistication, combining high-end materials, craftsmanship, and exquisite design.
Vegan Thigh-High Boots
Thigh-high boots have become an emblem of bold, fashion-forward style. Cult of Coquette specializes in creating trendy, edgy thigh-highs in vegan leather and denim. Steve Madden, a household name in footwear, delivers chic and affordable thigh-high boot options for those who want to make a statement without breaking the bank. For those looking to splurge on thigh-high boots, Stella McCartney is the pinicale of luxury. Her designs blend opulence with vegan fashion, offering thigh-high boots crafted from sustainable materials.
Vegan Knit Boots
Knit boots, a cozy and stylish addition to any wardrobe, find their footing in VIVAIA’s offerings. VIVAIA is renowned for its commitment to sustainable fashion, and their knit boots are no exception. Crafted from recycled plastic bottles, these boots not only keep your feet snug and warm but also make a positive impact on the environment. VIVAIA’s knit boots combine comfort, eco-consciousness, and modern design, making them a top choice for those who appreciate fashion, comfort and sustainability.
Vegan Cowgirl & Western Boots
Western boots have transcended their cowboy origins to become a symbol of rugged-chic style. Brands like Steve Madden and Noize offer options that capture the essence of western design while adding a modern flair. On the luxury end, Bhava and Stella McCartney elevate western boots to new heights. Bhava combines high-quality craftsmanship with a touch of opulence, while Stella McCartney’s western boots are crafted with a luxurious eco-friendly approach.
Vegan Chelsea Boots
Chelsea boots, known for their timeless appeal, have been reimagined by brands like Matt & Nat, Good Guys Don’t Wear Leather, and Steve Madden. Matt & Nat’s Chelsea boots are a testament to their commitment to sustainable vegan fashion, offering a blend of style and conscience. Good Guys Don’t Wear Leather follows a similar ethos, providing high-quality, vegan leather options for those who want fashion with a heart. On the luxury front, Stella McCartney’s Chelsea boots epitomize sophistication, showcasing impeccable design.
Vegan Combat Boots
Combat boots have made a formidable comeback in fashion, and brands like Alohas, Dr. Martens, Bhava, and Matt & Nat have contributed to their resurgence. Alohas offers a sustainable twist on the classic combat boot, combining eco-friendly materials with rugged style. Dr. Martens, an iconic brand, continues to set the standard for durability and edgy design. Bhava, known for its ethical fashion, crafts combat boots that cater to conscious consumers without compromising on aesthetics. Matt & Nat, specializing in vegan leather, adds a touch of modern sophistication to this sturdy footwear. These brands collectively prove that combat boots are not just a symbol of rebellion but also a versatile fashion staple with options for every style and ethos.
Why Vegan Boots
Vegan boots are the perfect choice for those who want to make a fashion statement while staying true to their values. By opting for vegan footwear, you can enjoy all the benefits of stylish boots without compromising your commitment to animal-free fashion. Traditional leather boots are made from animal hides, which involves the suffering and exploitation of animals. Vegan boots, on the other hand, are crafted using cruelty-free materials, ensuring that no animals are harmed in the production process.
Not only are vegan boots kinder to animals, but many of the materials used have a positive impact on the environment. The leather industry is known for its harmful environmental practices, including deforestation, water pollution, and carbon emissions. Vegan materials used in the production of boots, such as synthetic leathers made from recycled materials or plant-based alternatives are not perfect, but many of the materials used help reduce waste and promote sustainable fashion.
Vegan boots offer an ethical and sustainable choice for conscious consumers who want to look good and feel good about their fashion choices. With a wide range of styles and designs available, there’s a perfect pair of vegan boots for everyone.
Benefits Of Vegan Boots
Vegan boots offer numerous benefits that make them a popular choice among fashion-forward individuals. One of the key advantages of vegan boots is their versatility. From ankle boots to knee-highs, there’s a style to suit every taste and occasion. Whether you prefer a sleek and sophisticated look or a more casual and rugged style, vegan boots have got you covered.
In addition to their style versatility, vegan boots are also known for their comfort and durability. Many vegan boot brands incorporate innovative technologies and materials that provide excellent cushioning and support, ensuring that you can walk for hours without discomfort. These boots are designed to withstand the elements, whether it’s rain, snow, or mud, so you can rely on them to keep your feet dry and warm throughout the fall and winter seasons.
Another notable benefit of vegan boots is their affordability. Unlike traditional leather boots, vegan options are often more budget-friendly without compromising on quality or style. This means that you can enjoy fashionable and ethical footwear without breaking the bank. Of course we also have plenty of luxury brands to choose from too!
Types of vegan materials used in boots
Vegan boots are made using a variety of animal-friendly materials that mimic the look and feel of leather. These materials offer all the benefits of traditional leather without the ethical concerns. Here are some of the most commonly used vegan materials in boot production:
1. Vegan Leather: Vegan leather, also known as faux leather, is made from polyurethane (PU) or polyvinyl chloride (PVC). It is a popular choice for vegan boots due to its durability and affordability. Synthetic leather can be made to resemble various types of animal hides, such as crocodile or snakeskin, providing a wide range of style options. Vegan leather is increasing made from apple, corn and pineapple fibers to provide a more sustainable vegan leather products.
2. Microfiber: Microfiber is a synthetic material made from finely woven fibers that give it a soft and suede-like texture. It is lightweight, breathable, and resistant to water and stains, making it an excellent choice for fall and winter boots.
3. Cork: Cork is a sustainable and renewable material that is often used for the outsoles or insoles of vegan boots. It is lightweight, water-resistant, and provides natural cushioning and insulation.
4. Recycled Materials: Some vegan boot brands use recycled materials, such as recycled plastic bottles or recycled rubber, to reduce waste and minimize environmental impact. These materials offer the same level of quality and durability as virgin materials, while also reducing the demand for new resources.
Styling vegan boots for fall and winter
Vegan boots are not only practical and comfortable but also versatile when it comes to styling. Here are some tips to help you create fashionable fall and winter looks with your vegan boots:
1. Casual Everyday Look: Pair ankle boots with skinny jeans and a cozy sweater for a comfortable and stylish everyday outfit. Add a statement scarf and a beanie for extra warmth and style.
2. Chic and Sophisticated: For a more polished look, wear knee-high boots with a skirt or dress, topped with a tailored coat or blazer. Complete the outfit with tights and accessories, such as a wide-brimmed hat or a chunky scarf.
3. Edgy and Cool: Combine combat boots with ripped jeans and a vegan leather jacket for a rebellious look. Add a graphic tee and a beanie to complete the outfit with a touch of edgy style.
4. Cozy and Layered: Style your boots with leggings, an oversized sweater, and a long coat for a cozy and layered look. Add a blanket scarf and a beanie for extra warmth and comfort.
Remember, the possibilities are endless when it comes to styling vegan boots. Experiment with different combinations and accessories to create unique and fashionable outfits that suit your personal style.
Vegan boot care and maintenance tips
To ensure that your vegan boots stay in good condition and last for years to come, it’s important to take proper care of them. Here are some tips to keep your vegan boots looking their best:
1. Cleaning: Regularly clean your boots using a damp cloth or sponge. For stubborn stains, use a mild soap or a specialized vegan leather cleaner. Avoid harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that can damage the material.
2. Waterproofing: Apply a waterproof spray to protect your boots from water damage and stains (check the label before applying any) product to your boots! Be sure to choose a vegan-friendly waterproofing product that is suitable for the specific material of your boots.
3. Storage: When not in use, store your boots in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight. Use boot trees or stuffing to maintain their shape and prevent creasing. Avoid storing them in plastic bags, as this can trap moisture and cause mold or mildew.
4. Maintenance: Regularly inspect your boots for any signs of wear or damage. Repair minor scuffs or scratches using a vegan leather repair kit. For major repairs, consult a professional shoe repair service.
By following these care and maintenance tips, you can ensure that your vegan boots remain in excellent condition, allowing you to enjoy them for many seasons to come.
Where to buy vegan boots
Vegan boots are becoming increasingly popular, and as a result, they are more readily available than ever before. Here are some places where you can find a wide range of vegan boots:
1. Online: In this article we’ve provided a list of many stores you can view for online retailers specializing in vegan boots. Alohas, Bhava, Matt & Nat, and Cult of Coquette are great places to start your search.
2. Major Retailers: As the demand for vegan products grows, major retailers are starting to offer vegan footwear options. Check the websites or physical stores of major shoe retailers to see if they carry a selection of vegan boots. Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus have some great luxury offerings.
3. Secondhand and Thrift Stores: Consider shopping for vegan boots secondhand. Check local thrift stores, consignment shops, or online platforms like Poshmark or Depop for pre-loved vegan boots at a more affordable price.
Remember to do your research and read customer reviews before making a purchase to ensure that the boots you choose meet your expectations in terms of style, quality, and ethical standards.
Vegan boots for different budgets
Vegan boots come in a wide range of price points, making them accessible to consumers with different budgets. Here’s a breakdown of vegan boots available at different price ranges:
3. $150 – $300: Vegan boots in this price range are typically from well-established vegan brands like Bhava, Veerah and and Cult of Coquette. These boots may incorporate more innovative materials and sophisticated designs, providing a higher level of comfort and style.
4. $300 and above: At the higher end of the price spectrum, you’ll find luxury vegan boots from brands like Stella McCartney and Piferi. These boots often feature premium vegan materials and exquisite craftsmanship, offering superior comfort, durability, and style.
Remember, the price of vegan boots can vary depending on factors such as brand reputation, materials used, and production methods. Consider your budget and priorities to find the perfect pair of vegan boots that meet your needs.
Conclusion: Embracing cruelty-free fashion with vegan boots
As the demand for ethical and sustainable fashion continues to grow, vegan boots are becoming a popular choice for conscious consumers. These boots offer all the style, comfort, and durability of traditional leather boots, with reduced ethical and environmental concerns. With a wide range of styles and designs available, there’s a perfect pair of vegan boots for everyone.
By choosing vegan boots, you’re making a statement about your values and supporting brands that prioritize sustainability and animal-free fashion. Whether you’re exploring the autumn foliage or braving the winter chill, you can step out in confidence and warmth with these 30 vegan boots that are as fashionable as they are compassionate.
So, this fall and winter, make a conscious choice to embrace cruelty-free fashion and cozy up in a pair of fabulous vegan boots. Your feet and the animals will thank you!