This sunflower seed cheese is a great vegan cream cheese recipe. It’s tasty, creamy, and makes for a delicious spread on crackers or bagels.
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
Add-Ins and garnish:
- Cover the sunflower seeds with water and soak overnight in the fridge.
- Drain the sunflower seeds well and discard the water.
- Add soaked sunflower seeds, refined coconut oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, white miso paste, garlic powder and salt and pepper to the blender.
- Blend until the mixture is completely smooth and velvety.
- Cut the cheesecloth into three 20″ x 20″ squares.
- Add the desired garnishes to the cheesecloth.
- Divide the cheese into three equal size portions.
- Shape into either a round or log shape and then add to the cheesecloth.
- Wrap the cheese tightly with the cheesecloth, and seal with a rubber band or clip to hold the cheesecloth closed.
- Add the wrapped cheeses to an airtight container and store in the fridge overnight to allow it to harden.
- Serve with crackers, vegetables or on a bagel and enjoy.
Keywords: sunflower seed cheese