this post may contain affiliate links...
This recipe is sponsored by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv.
This super easy pizza pocket recipe will show you how to make delicious homemade pizza pockets using my favorite Rhode’s Bake-N-Serv frozen bread rolls.
If you’re a fan of Hot Pockets then you’re going to love these easy, cheesy, homemade pizza pockets. Not only are they healthier than the store-bought variety, but they’re also 100% plant-based. Stuff them with your favorite herbs and vegetables for a yummy lunch, or prepare them ahead of time for a grab-and-go snack.
Ingredients for Pizza Pocket Recipe
Rhode’s Bake-N-Serv frozen bread rolls
A must-have for my pizza pockets homemade recipe! The convenient frozen bread rolls come in packs of 36 frozen dough balls that can be used for a range of baking projects. Our recipe for pizza pockets uses 16 individual dough balls to create 8 pockets.
In the past, I’ve used them to make cinnamon pull-apart bread and garlic and herb rolls, and love using them as a base for baking recipes! They made this pizza pocket recipe an absolute breeze.
The benefits of using Rhode’s Bake-N-Serv bread rolls include:
- No kneading
- No messing around with yeast
- Free from GMOs and artificial preservatives
- 100% plant-based!
Use a jar of pizza sauce or passata as the base of your filling.
Time to get creative! You can use any combination of vegetables you like to stuff your pizza pockets. I used:
- Sliced bell pepper
If you’re struggling for inspiration then think about your favorite pizza combinations – ingredients like mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach are all be super yummy. Whatever you use, you will need around 1 1/2 cups of vegetables in total for this pizza pocket recipe.
I used 1 cup of shredded vegan cheese for the filling.
I used a combination of basil and parsley, but feel free to experiment.
How to Make Pizza Pockets at Home
1. To make 8 homemade pizza pockets, begin by defrosting 16 individual Rhodes Bake-N-Serve Bread Rolls. Place the frozen rolls onto a baking tray and spray with a little cooking oil, then cover with plastic wrap and stow them somewhere warm. I used my oven, switched off, with the light on and door closed. The dough will take between 3-5 hours to defrost.
2. While you wait, prepare the filling for your pizza pocket recipe. Combine the pizza sauce, cheese, and vegetables in a bowl and mix well. Store un the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
3. Once the dough balls are completely defrosted, transfer them onto a flour dusted surface and use a small rolling pin to flatten them a little into discs.
4. Using an icecream/cookie dough scoop, dollop the filling onto 8 of the dough discs and squash it down slightly. Each pocket should contain around 1/3 of a cup of filling.
5. Place a second dough disc on top of each pocket, and use a fork to crimp the edges shut. You might want to use a knife to trim any messy looking bits.
6. Transfer the pockets onto a lined baking tray or silicone mat, and bake at 350F / 176C until the dough is golden brown. This took around 10 minutes in my oven.
7. Remove the homemade pizza pockets from the oven and eat while hot and melty.
How to Serve
Serve your pizza rolls while they’re hot and melted in the middle. They taste fantastic dipped in Mariana sauce or served with a side salad for a tasty lunch. You can also keep things simple by enjoying this pizza pocket recipe by itself.
How to Store
These homemade pizza pockets will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container. For a hot snack, reheat them in the oven or microwave.
Looking for more recipes made with Rhodes Bake-N-Serve Bread Rolls?
If you enjoyed this homemade pizza pocket recipe then here are a few of my readers’ favorite bread-based recipes. I can’t wait for you to try them!
- Focaccia Bread With Tomato & Herbs | Easy and No-Knead
- Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread with Apple & Almond
- Yeast Dinner Rolls | Home-Baked Bread with Vegan Herb & Garlic Butter
Thanks for checking out this Pizza Pocket recipe. If you try it, please let me know what you think with a comment and rating. Every bit of feedback helps make the blog even better!Print
Pizza Pocket Recipe | Easy & Cheesy Homemade Snack
- Total Time: 30 minutes + thawing
- Yield: 8 pizza pockets 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Easy, cheesy, home-made pizza pocket recipe made with handy frozen bread dough balls. Loaded with delicious plant-based ingredients!
- 16 Rhodes Bake-N-Serv yeast dinner rolls
- 1 cup vegan cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups filling of choice (such as onions, olives, bell pepper, artichoke and fresh herbs), finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dusting the surface
- Olive oil
- Cooking oil spray
- Thaw bread rolls: Place frozen Rhodes Bake-N-Serv yeast dinner rolls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Spray the tops of each roll with a little cooking oil, then cover with plastic wrap or kitchen towel and set aside somewhere warm to thaw. The dough will take between 3-5 hours to defrost.
- Prepare the filling: Combine vegan cheese, pizza sauce, and vegetables of choice in a bowl and mix well. Set aside in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven: Preheat the oven to 350F / 176C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll out the dough: Transfer the defrosted Rhodes Bake-N-Serv yeast dinner rolls onto a flour dusted surface and using a small rolling pin, roll them out into small circle, around 3 inches (7.5 cms) across.
- Add the Pizza Pocket filling: Using an ice cream/cookie dough scoop, dollop around 1/3 cup of filling into the center of eight dough rounds, and then squash it down slightly to flatten.
- Cover and crimp the edges: Place a second dough round on top of each pizza pocket, and use a fork to crimp the edges shut. If desired, use a knife to trim any messy edges. Drizzle the tops of each pizza pocket with a little olive oil, and then brush over the surface.
- Bake until golden brown: Transfer the pizza pockets to a lined baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and enjoy while hot and melty.
- Thawing the dinner rolls: I like to place the try of frozen rolls in the oven, switched off, with the light on and door closed.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Thawing: 3-5 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: pizza pocket recipe
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change.