this post may contain affiliate links…
This recipe is sponsored by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv.
This easy loaded bread rolls recipe is super delicious, will wow your friends and family this Holiday season, and they’re super easy to make using my go-to Rhode’s Bake-N-Serv frozen bread rolls.
Ingredients for Cheesy Butternut Squash & Sage Bread Rolls
Rhode’s Bake-N-Serv frozen bread rolls
I always keep a bag or two of these super convenient frozen bread rolls in my freezer! They are super versatile and fool-proof (every time I’ve baked with them, they turn out perfectly!). They come in packs of 36 frozen yeast bread dough balls, which means you’ll always have plenty to go around when your have friends and family visit.
In the past, I’ve used them to make Pizza Pockets and Focaccia Bread and love using them as a base for baking recipes! They made this Cheesy Butternut Squash & Sage Bread Rolls recipe so easy, which is just what I need this time of the year!
The benefits of using Rhode’s Bake-N-Serv bread rolls include:
- No kneading
- No messing around with yeast
- Free from GMOs and artificial preservatives
- 100% plant-based!
Sweet and seasonal butternut squash is a tasty accompaniment to this recipe, especially when cooked with a little garlic and olive oil.
Sage, Parsley & Green Onion
Herbs and onion compliment the butternut squash perfectly. Feel free to switch up the herbs and onion to suit what you have available to you at home.
Dairy Free (Vegan) Cheese
Opt for vegan cheese shreds such as ‘mozzarella’ or ‘cheddar’ for the best melty and cheesy outcome.
Looking for more recipes made with Rhodes Bake-N-Serve Bread Rolls?
If you enjoyed the Cheesy Butternut Squash & Sage Bread Rolls then here are a few of my readers’ favorite bread-based recipes. I can’t wait for you to try them!
- Focaccia Bread With Tomato & Herbs | Easy and No-Knead
- Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread with Apple & Almond
- Yeast Dinner Rolls | Home-Baked Bread with Vegan Herb & Garlic Butter
Thanks for checking out this Cheesy Butternut Squash & Sage Bread Rolls recipe. If you try it, please let me know what you think with a comment and rating. Every bit of feedback helps make the blog even better!Print
Cheesy Butternut Squash & Sage Bread Rolls | Vegan & Easy Recipes
- Total Time: 45 minutes + 5-7 hours defrosting & rising
- 10 Rhodes Bake N Serv yeast dinner rolls
- 2 cup butternut squash pieces (cut into small cubes)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + extra for drizzling
- 4 green onions, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, very finely chopped
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Cooking oil spray
- Line a baking tray with silicone baking mat or parchment paper, and top with Rhodes Bake-N-Serv yeast dinner rolls, evenly spaced. Set aside in a warm place to thaw and rise, around 3 to 5 hours.
- Prepare the butternut squash by placing the pieces into a bowl with a little water, cover and then cook in the microwave until soft, around 5 to 7 minutes. Drain out any remaining water and tip the butternut squash pieces, garlic, olive oil and salt into a skillet over medium heat. Cook until the butternut squash is browned, around 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Make the filing by mixing together prepared butternut squash, green onions, sage, parsley, vegan cheese shreds, salt and pepper, mix to combine.
- Prepare an 9-inch (23cms) round springform baking pan by lining the bottom with parchment paper and lightning spray the sides with cooking oil spray.
- Onto a flour dusted surface, place one defrosted and risen Rhodes Bake-N-Serv bread roll, squash down and then fold in half, then roll out until around 2-inches (5cms) wide and 8-inches (20cms) long. Fill with 1/10th of the filling lengthways along the length of the dough. Roll up and place into the baking pan. Repeat process until all rolls are created.
- Set prepared bread rolls aside in a warm place to rise until they have doubled in size, around 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F / 176C, drizzle your cheesy butternut squash and sage bread rolls with a little olive oil, then place into the oven to bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the baking pan before serving. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Defrosting & Rising: 5 to 7 hours
- Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes
Keywords: bread rolls recipe
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change.